7 Tiny Home Communities in Austin Texas
You don’t have to go far to go tiny- there are some tremendous Tiny Home communities in Austin, Texas! The tiny home movement is taking the United States by storm, and the need for spaces for these homes is growing just as fast.
As Americans are working to experience more freedom, adventure, and affordability and reduce their eco-footprint, nomadic living is becoming increasingly desirable. Diving into the ‘tiny’ space can be confusing, but research has proven that modulars are an excellent investment.
Luckily, Austin, Texas, is home to several top-notch tiny home communities. Many of these communities include suburban amenities such as dog parks, gym facilities, swimming pools, and playgrounds.
Here are 7 tiny home communities in Austin.
What is a Tiny House?
Tiny houses are between one to four hundred square feet. These houses contain all the fundamentals – a kitchen, bathroom, and living area, no matter the size.
Another form of modular construction, tiny’s, can be stationary or put on wheels for travel.
As with all things, the tiny lifestyle comes with pros and cons. Here are just a few of the most talked-about-
Advantages of Living Tiny
- Freedom to travel while still having a home with minimal costs.
- Living with fewer possessions and clutter.
- Mortgage-free in less than thirty years.
- Smaller carbon footprint with a sustainable, environment-friendly way of life.
- Completely customizable home; endless options for design, layout, size, and moveability.
Disadvantages of Living Tiny
- Limited locations and zoning regulations (look for tiny home communities!)
- Financing can be challenging to retain; however, more and more banks are becoming friendly toward tiny home financing.
- Codes and laws can be restrictive and not as straightforward as traditional construction.
Questions to ask when determining a Builder
Finding a construction partner is the first step. Ask the right questions when looking for a builder, such as:
- Are there model structures to view?
- How long has the company been building prefabs?
- What is included and what is not included?
- What kind of warranty is included with the purchase?
- Can changes be made to the designs?
You should always have confidence in the building experience, and the company should be upfront and transparent.
Tiny Home Communities in Austin
Founded in 2020, Casata dubs itself a ‘micro home’ community. Here you can rent homes in the range of 400 to 750 square feet, surrounded by trees and other hill country charm. With various floor plans and top-notch smart home technology, this lively inclusive community is an excellent place to go tiny.
Casata includes everything needed in a home with bedrooms, kitchens, desks, washers and dryers, and even patios!
Amenities at Casata:
- Entertainment & co-working spaces
- An outdoor amphitheater for yoga and live music
- Resort-style swimming pool
- Fitness Center
- Food truck & Special event area
- Digital media room for movies and games
- Dog Run
- Storage Lockers
- Food & drink tasting events
2. Forest Oaks Village
Forest Oaks Village is a community on 6.7 acres in the Manchaca community of South Austin. This 55+ community is safe, quiet, and low-key. The town of Manchaca is small and quaint, with a mix of suburban and rural living.
At Forest Oaks Village, spend your time next to the river, and then take a trip into town to grab some fantastic BBQ at Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ.
Just 17 minutes from Downtown Austin, Forest Oaks Village offers affordable and economical tiny living for 55.+
Amenities Forest Oaks Village:
- 55+ community
- Quiet & Safe Neighborhood
- Park Space
- Mowers and Landscaping Tools to Borrow
3. Bluebonnet Community
Just outside Austin and Bastrop, in beautiful Cedar Creek, lies a thriving tiny home community. Tucked away in the woods but close to town, Bluebonnet Community offers the best of town and country.
The property also has storage units for residents, including boat and watercraft storage. Water, sewage, trash, and a mailing address are included in the utilities.
Amenities at BlueBonnet Community:
- Spectrum Internet and TV
- Boat and self-storage onsite
4. Manor Tiny Wildlife Resort
Only 25 minutes from Downtown Austin, Manor Tiny Wildlife Resort is on 75.5 acres of nature and animals.
Feel at peace in this serene location surrounded by nature and wilderness. In this tight-knit community of only 16 spaces, you feel like you’re living in the country, with the ease of a short drive to go hiking, swimming, and everything else Austin offers.
Each rented space has room for a tiny home, a small outdoor shed, parking for two vehicles, and a fenced area for pets or gardening. The manor has a mixture of primitive off-grid living or full-service spaces.
Current Amenities at Manor Tiny Wildlife Resort:
Primitive or Full-Service Lots
- Outdoor Movies
- Walking Trails
- Community BBQ
- Laundry Facilities
- Amenity Center
5. Village Farm
Village Fram is a dynamic and diverse tiny home community-based in Austin, centered around Green Gate Farm and designed to create simple living and a deep sense of community. They provide tiny homes that can be rented to decide if it is the right fit before purchasing!
Only a few minutes from the central hub of East Austin, Village Farm is an oasis of peace and serenity within one of the biggest cities in Texas.
Amenities at Village Farm:
- Green Gate Farms – CSA Programs
- Pool and Jacuzzi
- Dog Parks
- Picnic and BBQ Areas
- Community Gardens
- Onsite management
- Coming Soon:
- General Store
- Pocket Parks
6. Constellation ATX
Located just ten miles south of Downtown Austin, Constellation ATX is a dynamic community for micro-home enthusiasts. One of Constellation’s most unique and beloved features is that it’s within a short bike ride or walk away from bars to nightlife to Austin’s favorite greenbelt.
Constellation ATX is full of eco-conscious features, including recycled building materials, rainwater harvesting, solar roofs, water-efficient fixtures, etc.
Amenities at Constellation ATX:
- Natural Swimming Pool
- Bike Racks
- Multi-use Wellness Space for Yoga / Exercise Classes
- Clubhouse with Wi-Fi access and commercial kitchen
- BBQ, Outdoor Fireplace, Gathering Area
- Workspace in the community Center
- Rooftop Decks
- Extra Storage Units
- Landscaped Parks, mature trees
- Close to food places, groceries, shopping, and entertainment
7. Community First! Village
This 51-acre tiny home community that provides affordable, permanent housing and a supportive environment for those coming from homelessness is a fantastic asset to Austin, Texas! The first phase of the development covers 27-acres and is home to more than 200 formerly homeless men and women.
Community First Village will help people get back on their feet, secure their own homes, and create community with their neighbors. You can also sponsor Community First to help someone in need.
Amenities at Community First:
- RV/Park Homes
- Laundry/Restroom/Shower Facilities
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Community Art House, Cinema, Concessions, Car Care, Forge, Inn, Market
- Genesis Gardens Organic Farm
- Memorial Garden and Prayer Labyrinth
- Walking Trails
- Woodworking Shop
Austin, Texas has some of the finest tiny home communities in the US.
Modular living in Texas is nothing new, and the demand for them is growing at rapid speeds. There is an option for any prospective buyer, with possibilities in the countryside, on a lake, or even in Austin city limits.
Turn Key Fabrication takes pride in helping potential owners feel confident in their purchases. If you have questions, contact us today; we’ve got the answers.