You don’t have to go far to go tiny – there are some great tiny home communities right here in Texas! The tiny home movement is taking the United States by storm, and the need for spaces for these homes is growing just as fast. As Americans are working to experience more freedom, adventure, and affordability, and reduce their eco-footprint, nomadic living is becoming increasingly desirable. Diving into the ‘tiny’ space can be confusing, but research has proven that they are an excellent investment.
Luckily, Texas is home to several top-notch tiny home communities. Many of these communities include suburban amenities such as dog parks, gym facilities, swimming pools, playgrounds, and more.
Here are eight tiny home communities in Texas.
What is a Tiny House?
Tiny houses are between one hundred square feet to four hundred square feet. These houses contain all the fundamentals – a kitchen, bathroom, and living area, no matter size. As another form of modular construction, tiny’s can be stationary or put on wheels for travel.
As with all things, the tiny lifestyle comes with pros and cons. Here are just a few of the most talked-about-
Advantages of Living Tiny
- Freedom to travel while still having a home with minimal costs.
- Forced minimalism means living with fewer possessions and clutter.
- Mortgage-free in much less than thirty years.
- Smaller carbon footprint with a sustainable, environment-friendly way of life.
- Completely customizable home where the owner chooses all the aesthetics.
- Endless options for design, layout, size, and moveability.
Disadvantages of Living Tiny
- Limited locations and zoning regulations (look for tiny home communities!)
- Financing can be challenging to retain; however, more and more banks are becoming friendly toward tiny home financing.
- Codes and laws can be restrictive and not as straight forward as with traditional construction.
Questions to ask when determining a Builder
More than ever, today’s Americans are seeking to live debt-free. With companies going remote, and the rising cost of big city living, the tiny lifestyle has become extremely attractive, and there are many builders to choose from.
Finding a construction partner is the first step. Ask the right questions when looking for a builder, such as:
- Are there model structures to view?
- How long has the company been building prefabs?
- What is included and what is not included?
- What kind of warranty is included with the purchase?
- Can changes be made to the designs?
You should always have confidence in the building experience, and the company should be upfront and transparent.
Tiny Home Communities in Texas
Majestic Hills is just minutes away from The Woodlands, Lake Conroe, and Houston. This gated tiny home community offers a wide array of amenities, including a pool to help you escape the brutal Texas sun. Each home site at Majestic Hills has space for private parking and paved roads, making parking much more straightforward.
- Community center
- Workout facility
- Heated pool/hot tub
- Indoor theater
- Outdoor living center with kitchen and grill
- Outdoor lawn games
- Landscapes irrigated
- Dog park
- Access to cable TV and internet
WatersEdge is a modular community located right on lovely Lake Conroe. You can imagine the amenities that come with living near such a great stretch of nature. Access to the lake, swimming pools, miniature golf, and other amenities will make you feel like you’re on vacation here. WatersEdge is the largest tiny home community in the Lake Conroe area.
- Free parking on premises – individual space for each home plus guest and visitor parking space within walking distance
- Upclose views of wooded scenery and the lake
- Weekly movie night for the whole family
- Laundry and shower facilities, usually very clean
- Outdoor sports including basketball, tennis, beach volleyball, horseshoes, cornhole, and mini golf
- Private gated entrance
- Boat launch & courtesy boat slips
- RV hookups and pump outs for guests
3. WinZig Haven
Winzig Haven is a friendly, happy nomadic community that offers classic country living in Big Sandy, Texas, just twenty miles out of Tyler and Longview. This twenty-nine-acre community provides a minimum lot of five thousand square feet, with larger lots available, all with beautiful east Texas scenery.
- Community Center
- Dog Park
- Walking Trail
4. Village Farm
Village Fram is a dynamic tiny home community based in Austin, Centered around Green Gate Farm and designed to create simple living and a deep sense of community. Only a few minutes from the central hub of East Austin, guests at Village Farm enjoy peace and serenity within the busy city.
- Green Gate Farms – CSA Programs
- Pool and Jacuzzi
- Dog Parks
- Picnic and BBQ Areas
- Community Gardens
- Onsite management
- Coming Soon:
- General Store
- Pocket Parks
Lake Dallas Tiny Home Village is built within the city limits of Big D! Lake Dallas Tiny Home Village is restricted to tiny custom-built homes to keep their community’s quirky and unique feel. Located just two blocks from Main Street, north of Dallas, they accept tiny houses on wheels built to the International Residental Code and Appendix Q.
- Onsite washeteria with updated washers and dryers along with a utility sink and sitting area
- Community Garden
- Backyard with classic metal chairs, benches, picnic tables, and a fire bit
- The courtyard, which is the center of the village
- Lake Dallas Library is across the street from the village
- Locking mailboxes on site
Located just ten miles south of Downtown Austin, Constellation ATX is a dynamic community for micro-home enthusiasts. They are within a short bike ride or walk away from bars to nightlife to Austin’s beloved greenbelt. This community is full of eco-conscious features, including recycled building materials, rainwater harvesting, solar roofs, water-efficient fixtures, etc.
- Natural Swimming Pool
- Bike Racks
- Multi-use Wellness Space for Yoga / Exercise Classes
- Clubhouse with Wi-Fi access and commercial kitchen
- BBQ, Outdoor Fireplace, Gathering Area
- Workspace in the community Center
- Rooftop Decks
- Extra Storage Units
- Landscaped Parks, mature trees
- Close to food places, groceries, shopping, and entertainment
Monarch Springs Ranch is a luxurious, gated tiny home community located just an hour away from Dallas in Celeste, Texas. This small, quaint community feels very safe, with only twelve lots. Within this 20-acre wildlife preserve, you will find butterflies, wildflowers, deer, birds, and waterfowl. This is a 55 and over community. Lots are a minimum of 30’x60′ allowing room for porches, decks, and even a storage unit alongside your home if needed.
- Community Garden
- Use of Communal Spaces
- Gated Entry
- Walking Trail
- Fully Stocked Pond
- Dog Park
- Septic System
- High-Speed Internet (Separate Cost)
- Electricity (Separate Cost)
Namastay Hideaway is a tiny living community based out of Van Alstyne, Texas just an hour away from Dallas or twenty minutes from McKinney. One unique thing they have that most don’t is a storm shelter. That’ll be nice to have with the recent tornados that have popped up around the region. They allow a wider variety of tiny homes than most, including Tiny Homes on Wheels, Small RVs, Vans, small Airstreams, and Skoolies. With a desire to build strong communities, they do have a twelve-month lease.
- Trash Service
- Lawn Upkeep
- Seating Area
- Fire Pit
- Picnic Area
- Storm Shelter
- Septic System
- High Speed Internet (Coming Soon)
Texas has some of the finest tiny home communities in the US. There is an option for any prospective buyer, with possibilities in the countryside, on a lake, or even in Dallas city limits. Modular living in Texas is nothing new, and the demand for them is growing at rapid speeds.
Turn Key Fabrication takes pride in helping potential owners feel confident in their purchases. If you have questions – Contact us today, we’ve got the answers.